Scope of policy
Types of information we collect and purpose of use
mediphone will collect and use the following types of information for our Services
Personal Information we collect:
- Telephone number (mobile)
- Email address (mobile or email)
- Native language
- Home address
The personal information such as mail addresses and passcodes that we obtain during the customer registration process for our Services will be used to verify the user as well as detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of the Service. The personal information that we obtain will not be disclosed or shared with other customers. In the case that a customer chooses to delete their account from our Services, mediphone will take reasonable measures based on mediphone polices to promptly delete such personal information from our records.
Additional information we may collect
To make our services more useful, mediphone may ask for additional personal information during registration for customer profiling, such as medical information, name and/or date of birth. Provision of such additional information is completely optional; however, in the absence of such registration, some parts of the Service may not be available.
Information obtained through campaigns or surveys
We may ask for additional information such as name, address, phone number, email address, gender and/or date of birth, for surveys, campaigns, or to send out event invitations.
We will collect information such as phone number, email address, mobile device model and its operating system (OS) to respond to inquiries, to send information back to the customer, and to verify the user.
If you choose to use any fee-based services, we may collect your credit card information in order to process payments for such services. Payment will be processed through a payment processing service and the Company does not store any credit card information.
Information regarding service usage
In addition, we may use Google Analytics to assist us with our Service.
The customer can control whether or not to accept cookies; however, if the customer does not permit cookies to be stored, they may not be able to use some parts of the Service such as those which require signing in.
Certain information such as IP address, browser type and browser language will be automatically collected and store when a customer uses our Services. Such information will be used to analyze user environments for the purpose of improving the Service and to prevent unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of the Service.
Some parts of our Service will use location information transmitted from devices such as mobile phones. If a customer chooses to use such parts of our Service, such location information will be used within the necessary extent of that service. If the customer's mobile phone is set so that it will not send location information, no such location information will be transmitted.
We may collect information about the device the customer uses (such as their operating system (OS), identification of terminal device and/or computer name). Such information will be used to analyze user environments for the purpose of improving the Service and to prevent unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of the Service.
Usage of personal information
mediphone will use the customer's personal information for the following purposes. If, however, we provide a more specific purpose(s) of use when asking for personal information, we will only use the information obtained for such purposes only.
- To verify the customer and prevent unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of the Service
- To make our Services more convenient for the customer
- To create statistical data on the use of the Service
- To carry out surveys regarding the Service currently provided and/or services that mediphone intends to provide in the future
- To respond to inquiries and requests from the customer
- To provide information regarding our Services or advertising information from companies other than mediphone
- To plan and offer new services related to our Services
- To ship out gifts won during campaigns or purchased products, or to send out event invitations
- To verify and identify the customer when the customer makes an inquiry
- To carry out payment for the customer's use of our Services
- To inform and send important notices regarding our Services
Disclosure of personal information
mediphone will not disclose personal information to any third parties except under the following circumstances or purposes.
- The customer gives consent to the disclosure
- The disclosure is required by law or regulation.
- The customer violates the Terms and Conditions of the Services and we determine that the disclosure of the customer's personal information is necessary based on sufficient evidence, in order to protect our interests, property and services
- When the disclosure is required for the protection of human life, health, or property and obtaining customer consent is difficult
- When the disclosure is necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of children's healthy development, and obtaining customer consent is difficult
- When it is necessary for mediphone in performing the duties prescribed by law or regulation to cooperate with the prefectural or local government, or any person acting on their behalf and there is a risk in obtaining customer consent for it may affect the proper performance of such duties
- When there is a transfer of the business as a result of merger, consolidation, demerger or other similar transaction, and personal information must be provided for such transfer to take place
Providing access to information by our contractors
mediphone may allow partial or complete access to a customer's personal information by contractors who we have hired for the purpose of providing the Service. In such cases, such contractors will be thoroughly examined and observed that they protect and follow the regulations mediphone has set regarding the storage and confidentiality of any accessed information.
Joint use of personal information
mediphone may use a customer's personal information jointly with business partners if such use is necessary for the purpose of providing the Service. In such cases of joint use, mediphone will inform the customer of the purpose of such joint use, along with the name of the business partner(s), types of information to be used and name(s) of administrator(s) responsible for the use of the personal information.
The rights of the customer
The customer can confirm or correct his/her e-mail address, password and other registration information anytime they wish. In addition they can delete his/her account whenever they wish.
If the customer requests mediphone to disclose his/her personal information that cannot be confirmed on the Service's website, mediphone will provide such information in a manner specified by mediphone, except under the following circumstances.
- The disclosure is likely to cause harm to the life, body, property or other rights or interests of the customer
- The disclosure is likely to affect the proper operation of our Services or mediphone's business
- The disclosure is not consistent with the law or regulation
- mediphone is unable to confirm or verify whether the request for the disclosure was made by the customer
If the customer determines that the disclosed personal information is not correct, they may request mediphone, in a manner specified by mediphone, to correct, add, or delete the personal information. mediphone will make a prompt investigation to the extent necessary for the purpose of using the personal information upon receipt of the request, and will make requested corrections, additions or deletions based on the results of such investigation.
Provision of information is completely optional; however, in the absence of necessary information, some parts of the Service may not be available.
Personal Information after withdrawal
If a customer chooses to delete their account from our Services, their personal information will be disposed of appropriately in accordance with applicable laws and regulations as well as mediphone's internal rules.
Personal information regarding minors
We ask that customers under the age of 15 have the consent of a parent or legal guardian when they use our Services and/or submit personal information.
Updated: Sep 26, 2019